Learning Consultant– Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Consulting
Are you passionate about creating equity through inclusion?
We live and work in a global and interconnected marketplace. Diversity, equity and inclusion is a global challenge. Symmetra is an international DE&I consultancy, delivering end-to-end solutions that transform leaders, teams and cultures. We’re values led & purpose driven.
We’re passionate about:
1. helping our clients transform to achieve their purpose and performance through inclusion
2. ensuring everybody has a fair opportunity to actualise their potential and experience a sense of belonging at work.
We achieve this by helping our clients build workplaces where diversity is treated as an asset, everyone is treated fairly, and diverse voices are heard and considered. We have spent 20 years developing the systems, products and expertise to create workplaces that effectively turn diversity into a source of true value, integrating it with overall business strategy to deliver superior outcomes.
As a member of the Symmetra team, you will have the opportunity to work with top global brands and make a real impact in the field of diversity and inclusion. You are passionate about delivering impactful outcomes for our clients, live and breathe inclusion every day, and be energised by being part of a dynamic team who bring out the best in each other. We are curious, dedicated, and most importantly, collaborative.
We are passionate about affecting long term change with our global clients through highly innovative and effective learning solutions that change the way people behave in their day-to-day work. For this we need an experienced Learning Consultant who:
Your key responsibilities may include:
- Consulting with clients to understand their requirements and learner needs in a corporate/workplace environment as well as implementing digital program rollouts
- Designing and building blended solutions from learning journeys and roadmaps through to storyboards, wireframes, and final deliverables (online and offline collateral)
- Designing digital assets such as infographics, interactive PDFs, and videos to embed within learning programs or working with content experts to do so
- Consolidating learning material into engaging ‘offline’ collateral (toolkits, infographics, manuals/user guides, implementation plans, discussion guides)
- Assisting with the design and build of e-learning courses on platforms including Coassemble, NovoEd, and Articulate (Storyline) (experience with similar platforms a plus)
- Researching and sharing of best practise, trends, and issues to recommend innovative solutions for products and clients.
- Supporting the Principal with proposal writing, business development and program content design as required
- Working with external vendors such as translation providers, platform administrators and e-learning content aggregators.
- Will contribute to the strategy of our digital learning portfolio (across multiple tools and platforms).
Required skills and experience
- Can leverage their extensive experience in designing innovative blended learning programs that span a range of channels (videos, animation, e-learning, virtual training, experiential learning, and instructional materials, etc.) in a corporate/workplace context.
- Has proven experience in building cutting edge programs that engage learners in a way that is meaningful, practical and delivers behaviour change. You will have extensive experience with interpersonal and teaming skills as well as behaviour change training, especially leadership, management, and team collaboration programs (and ideally inclusion and diversity).
- Has a strong visual and graphic eye and can adapt and improve our current content.
- Experience in the execution of learning design and build, bringing strong instructional design pedagogy and adult learning experience.
- Strong relationship management skills working with our global clients delivering and implementing exciting digital programs.
You may also be the sort of person who:
- Thrives on new challenges, problem solving and taking initiative to develop creative solutions, embracing ambiguity and adaptive to change
- Is an outstanding collaborator: adaptable and inclusive, approaching work with humility and curiosity, actively seeks diverse opinions, and creates safety for constructive disagreement
- Consistently looks for opportunities to learn and seeks to improve self, team, and work
- Has excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skill.
Symmetra values diversity and encourages applicants of all genders, ages, ability, and cultural backgrounds to apply. If you don’t meet all of the criteria, please reach out with a cover letter as we love to meet passionate candidates from diverse backgrounds.
What we can offer you
- Base salary of A$90,000-A$100,000 / year
- We’re a remote friendly business however we also offer in-office days or access to co-working spaces if desired.
- Support to ensure effective ergonomic set up at home
- Holiday season bonus paid leave days
- Paid parental leave policy
- Regular team social events (virtual and in person)
- Regular training & development opportunities
- An inclusive environment that fosters our 5 values:
- Passion for Impact– We’re driven to deliver positive long-term outcomes for clients, communities and one another.
- Thrive on Growth– We thrive on continuous growth, innovation and challenging ourselves and our clients to achieve more.
- Empower through Inclusion – We strive for diversity, advocate for equity and lift each other up through inclusion
- Humble Exploration– We believe in the power of curiosity, deep listening and a learning mindset to unlock the power of diversity of thought
- Fearless Together – Our greatest achievements are collective: the result of a connected team collaborating and challenging one another in an environment of helpfulness, trust and psychological safety.